At the heart of our research and teaching activities is the analysis of large and dynamic socio-technical systems.
Our research is characterized by
- An empirical focus on diverse textual and relational data, from social media data to legal and policy documents;
- Methodological and theoretical innovation, necessary to address and explain the challenges posed by a rapidly changing world;
- A critical perspective and data and algorithms to improve the quality of research;
- Interdisciplinary approaches, from computer science to political science, sociology, history, linguistics; and
- International collaboration, which improves access to data and insights from diverse scholarly communities around the world.