Doing an exchange semester at a new university could be stressful for the exchage students, which is why the TUM School of Governance has decided to start a buddy program for supporting the international exchange students during their studies at TUM. Being a buddy does not mean giving full-time support. On the contrary, volunteering as a buddy gives you a great opportunity to meet international students from our partner universities, to communicate in different languages, to get to know the traditions and cultures of other countries, and to receive some bonus points for your own application for one of our exchange programs.
Your tasks as a buddy include
- supporting one or two international exchange students at the beginning of their studies at TUM. They will definitely appreciate your advice on a course schedules and local administrative formalities
- introducing the students to life in Munich
- helping the exchange students to improve their language skills
Benefits for our buddies
- gaining intercultural skills and establishing international contacts
- improving language skills
- receiving bonus points for your own application for one of our exchange programs
- getting first hand information about our partner universities
How to apply for the buddy program
If you are interested in participating in the buddy program, please send an e-mail to our international coordinator Ekaterina Bondarenko (email@example.com). In the e-mail you are welcome to state your interest in specific countries. It can help you to get more information about a country or university where you are planning to spend a semester abroad. We will try to respect your preferences, but can not give you a full guarantee.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!