Find out more about admission requirements, the aptitude assessment procedures and the application process for the Bachelor’s program in Political Science.
For inquiries about course offerings, please contact Ms. Bondarenko (tel.: +49 (0)89 907793 - 077, e-mail: email@example.com)
The following requirements must be met for admission to the Bachelor’s program at the Bavarian School of Public Policy:
- a university entrance qualification
- or a professional qualification
as well as
- successful completion of the aptitude assessment process.
Find out more about the admission requirements here.
The aptitude assessment is a two-stage selection process.
In the first stage, the following criteria will be assessed:
- average grade obtained in the university entrance qualification; and
- subject-specific individual grades. This takes into account the grades detailed in the candidate’s university entrance qualification in the subjects German, mathematics, a social science subject and an advanced natural science or computer science subject obtained in the last four six-month periods before completing the university entrance qualification. If applicable, this may include the German Abitur exam grades in theese subjects which are noted in the university entrance qualification certificate; these grades will be added together and divided by the number of individual grades.
Candidates who obtain 80 or more points in the first stage will be admitted. The remaining applicants will be assessed in stage two of the aptitude assessment procedure.
In the second stage, candidates are invited to attend a selection interview. The committee will notify candidates of the date of their selection interview at least one week in advance.
The interviews will take place on 1 August 2019, 8 August 2019, 6 September 2019. In case you need to attend an interview you will get an invitation and additional information about the process via e-mail.. Please mind that no other interview dates are available!.
For detailed information, please see the aptitude assessment guidelines for the Bachelor’s program in Political Science.
Applications must be submitted via the Technical University of Munich's application portal, TUMonline.
Applications will be accepted each year from May 15th through July 15th (cut-off date, no postmark).
The application portal for the Bachelor's program in Political Science is not active outside this period.
Please read our tips on how to successfully complete the online application process.
We ask international applicants to check whether they need a preliminary documentation (VPD) by uni-assist before applying to TUM. Please find detailed information on the preliminary documentation requirement here.