Within the framework of faculty partnerships, the TUM School of Governance also makes its own contracts with other faculties and universities. We are currently working on the extension of our international relations with other faculties. Updates on faculty partnerships can be found in MoveOn.
Application is possible via the online applicant portal MoveOn.
When applying for our partner university, the Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro, the following deadlines must be observed:
- for an exchange semester from February/March 2020 to July 2020 you can apply until 15 August 2019,
- for an exchange semester from July/August 2020 to December 2020 you can apply until 15 March 2020.
Application documents to be submitted
To apply for a place at our partner university, please submit the following documents:
- current transcript
- current resume
- indication of the exchange period: winter or summer semester (exchange duration is usually one semester)
- letter of motivation in which you explain your motivation for studying at the partner university of your choice (max. two pages in English)
- proof of English language skills (at least B1 level)
- Portuguese language skills are not required, but advantageous
- study plan for the desired place of study (the courses in English can be found here)
- Master students additionally: Bachelor´s degree certificate
Note: At the Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro you have to pay a one-time administrative fee of about 184 Euro. These costs include pick up from the airport (when the student arrives on the official day), welcome dinner, cultural activities, city tour in Rio de Janeiro, farewell cocktail with Brazilian live music and general assistance with frequent questions.
After you have uploaded your application to MoveOn, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
After you have confirmed the acceptance of your study place by writing us an e-mail, we will nominate you at the partner university. You then have to apply to the partner University independently.
Recognition of Achievements
Please use our Learning Agreement form, fill it in before, during, and after your stay abroad and submit it. We recommend to submit the Learning Agreement before your departure. The Learning Agreement can still be adapted during your stay abroad. Please contact us at email@example.com for more information.