Data protection information for processing personal data in relation to your application
As part of your application for a position at the Hochschule für Politik München (HfP), you submit personal data. In accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (GDPR), we would like to inform you about the collection and processing of personal data as part of the application process for a position at the Hochschule für Politik München (HfP). By submitting your application, you confirm that you have taken note of the data protection information of the HfP and the data protection policy of our website, which is provided by our host university, the Technical University of Munich, and that you consent to the processing of data in the context of the selection procedure.
- Controller for data collection:
Hochschule für Politik München
Address: Richard-Wagner-Straße 1, 80333 Munich
Phone: 089 907793-0; Fax: 089 907793-499
- The data protection officer may be reached at:
Data Protection Officer of the Hochschule für Politik München
Postal address: Richard-Wagner-Straße 1, 80333 München
Phone: 089 907793-065
- The purpose of collecting your data is the review of your application as part of a lawful application process. For this purpose we store all data submitted by you in your application. Based on this data we determine whether to invite you to an interview as part of the selection process. In the case of applicants who are fundamentally suitable we will collect additional personal data that is essential for our selection decision. If you are eligible for recruitment, you will be informed separately on certain additional personal data to be collected as part of the application process.
The legal basis for collecting and processing your data is set out in Art. 6(1), sentence 1(b) of the GDPR, Art. 9(2)(b) and (h) of the GDPR, Art. 88(1) of the GDPR and Art. 8(1), sentence 1, Nos. 2 and 3 of the Bavarian Data Protection Act (BayDSG).
- Where your personal data is processed and stored electronically, the technical operation of our data processing systems is carried out by the state data processing centers as processor.
- The personal data collected in connection with your application will be stored for a period of at least six months. If the application is not successful or if it is withdrawn, the data provided as part of the application process will be destroyed after six months from the date of the rejection letter. The storage of data for this period is required in the event of actions for legal reasons (in particular, assertion of claims under the General Act on Equal Treatment (AGG)).
- If you have been recruited, we will inform you separately on the regulations applying to personnel records including the creation of personnel files (see 3. above).
- Further, we would like to inform you on your rights under the GDPR:
- Where your personal data is processed, you have the right to access the personal data stored on you (Art. 15 of the GDPR).
- Where inaccurate personal data has been processed, you have the right to demand rectification (Art. 16 of the GDPR).
- Provided the legal requirements have been met, you have the right to demand your data be erased or processing of your data be restricted or to object to processing of personal data (Art. 17, 18 and 21(1) of the GDPR).
- In addition, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Officer of the Free State of Bavaria. Contact details:
Der Bayerische Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz (BayLfD)
Wagmüllerstraße 18, 80538 München
Postal address: Postfach 22 12 19, 80502 München
Phone: 089 212672-0; Telefax: 089 212672-50
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, the Hochschule für Politik München will verify whether the legal requirements have been met.
If you demand erasure of the application data during the application process this will be deemed a withdrawal of your application.