Master’s program in Politics & Technology
Our new Master’s program in Politics & Technology (M.Sc.) which is based on a globally unique concept of education started in October 2017
The new Master's program offers an exciting new approach to the study of politics and policy in an age of major technological and economic changes. The program is intended for students willing to take on the challenge of addressing big questions, eager to think “outside of the box” and excited about working across disciplines.
Unique Aspects of the Master’s Program
- An interdisciplinary program at the intersection of politics and technology: the program offers not only in innovative education in political science (e.g. with courses in the areas of Democracy in the Digital Age; Governance of Big Transformations: Environmental, Social and Technological Aspects; and Global Governance, Ethics & Technology), but also with the opportunity to take courses in the technology-oriented departments of the Technical University of Munich (e.g. Digital Technology; Urbanization, Mobility and Energy; Social Responsibliity and Corporate Governance; or Economics and Policy). The program:
- places a focus on the regional, national, European, and global dimensions of innovation and transformation processes; the interdependencies of technical progress and political processes are examined inter- and trans-disciplinarily with the goal of developing possible solutions for the future
- suggests ways to integrate future technological concepts into political dialogue and decision making processes, while at the same time stressing the importance of the interactions between society, economy, and technology.
- High practical orientation through the integration of a practical phase into the study program (in the form of a supervised 3.5-month practical project or a research internship or a relevant study period abroad); support in the search for suitable internship partners through an internal university internship database; possibility of study-related exchange with selected universities within the framework of international partnership programs
- Study in international groups offers students the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of written and spoken English and prepares students to operate on the national and international levels and solve global problems internationally
- offers a broad array of courses which makes it possible for students to develop individualized study programs
Brief profile of course
Period to complete study program: 4 semesters (full-time) or 6 semesters (part-time)
Credits: 120 ECTS
Work/study opportunities: Yes
Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
Start of study program: Winter semester
Language of instruction: English
german-language modules can be chosen for the interdisciplinary part of studies
For inquiries about course offerings, please contact Ms. Jurik (tel.: +49 (0)89 907793 - 074, e-mail: email@example.com)
Examination and study regulations / Aptitude assessment guidelines
Examination and study regulations for the Master's Program Politics & Technology as well as the Part-Time Program (66 %) Politics & Technology at the Bavarian School of Public Policy/Technical University of Munich. (in German only)
The following requirements must be met for admission to the Master’s program at the Bavarian School of Public Policy:
- A bachelor's or higher degree is required. Students from different disciplinary backgrounds (political science or comparable social science, or engineering/natural sciences) are welcome to apply
- As the language of instruction is English, students must demonstrate English language proficiency.
- A successful admission to the program is based on a competitive selection process.
Find out more about the admission requirements here.